International Markets Bring New Risks To Business
Global business competition has become a reality and the ability to pursue opportunities in overseas markets is essential to long-term viability. The Internet has made international business all the more viable, and many companies can only find the desirable growth and profit they seek by expanding into new markets.
However, international business brings risks to an organization. Terrorism and political instability risks are real, and corporate leaders confront these risks in transacting global business. Protecting employees and corporate assets is the responsibility of every corporation.
Language, cultural and political differences can also present challenges. A thorough understanding of international business ethics is required to survive in the global market.
Falcon Associates average over twenty-five years of experience working in countries around the world. The Falcon Consulting Group will tailor a plan for your organization using essential global business risk assessment.
The Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA)
- The U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission along with the DOJ-Anti-Trust Division have all expanded enforcement actions.
- At the end of the 3rd quarter 2015, there were over 140 companies believed to be under investigation for FCPA violations.
- In 2014, the average total value of monetary resolutions in corporate FCPA enforcement actions was in excess of $156 million.
Almost daily in a major newspaper or on social media, there is an article on a major, well known company or organization under investigations for Foreign Corrupt Practice Act (FCPA) violations. Most small to mid-size companies are not prepared to conduct an international internal investigation. But compliance is not an option, and non-compliance can be very costly.
The Falcon Consulting Group compliance risk assessment process will identify, control and monitor FCPA risks across your company.
- Audit and determine risk.
- Develop compliance policy.
- Train personnel regularly on compliance policy and FCPA requirements.
- Facilitate establishment of FCPA compliance team, including legal, financial reporting and internal audit personnel.
- Determine if other country’s anti-bribery laws may apply to your company.
- Provide guidance relevant to using outside counsel and experts in your company’s FCPA compliance program, especially where privilege may be an issue.
- Review current internal accounting control systems and make recommendations for improvement.
- Oversee review of part of M&A and JV due diligence.
- Confirm that robust and verified compliance is expected by DOJ/SEC. 10. Assist with self-disclosure and mitigation of penalties if violation is suspected and/or occurs.
Due Diligence of
– 3rd Party Vendor
– Foreign Business Associates
– Joint Venture Partners
– Mergers & Acquisition
Verification of Assets
Travel Risk Assessments
International Facilities Risk and Threat Assessment
Who We Are
The Falcon Consulting Group is a leading provider of due diligence and investigative services, litigation support, risk assessment, and security solutions worldwide.
1616 Pacific Ave, Suite 212
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
199 New Road, Suite 61
Linwood, NJ 08221